Ceviche is a Peruvian dish that consists mainly of fish marinated in lime juice and other ingredients. Ceviche is an easy and quick recipe to prepare and has become very popular around the world. In this article, we will share the recipe to make a hot trout ceviche with banana leaf for an extra touch of flavor.
Ingredients for hot trout ceviche
To make hot trout ceviche with banana leaf, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of fresh trout cut into small pieces
- 1 cup of leche de tigre al aji amarillo
- 1 banana leaf
- 1 cup of choclo
- 1 cup of cancha
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
How to prepare the hot trout ceviche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, add the trout cut into small pieces and the leche de tigre al aji amarillo.
- Mix gently to coat the trout with the marinade.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the banana leaf into medium-sized pieces and place them over a flame to soften them.
- Line the bottom of an ovenproof dish with the banana leaf pieces to prevent the trout from sticking to the bottom of the dish.
- Add the trout and marinade mixture to the banana leaves.
- Place dish in oven for 10 to 15 minutes until trout is cooked.
- Remove from oven and add choclo and cancha chips.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot with banana leaves for an extra touch of flavor.
Tips for preparing hot trout ceviche
- Use fresh trout for optimal flavor.
- The banana leaf can be replaced with a sheet of aluminum foil if necessary.
- Leche de tigre al aji amarillo can be purchased at specialty grocery stores online or in stores.
- Be sure not to cook the trout too long in the oven, as it may become too dry.
Hot trout ceviche with banana leaf is a delicious and easy recipe that is perfect for a dinner party or a quick lunch. With simple ingredients and easy to follow steps, you can make this popular Peruvian dish in no time. Feel free to customize the recipe by adding your own favorite ingredients